Who is Brian Walker?
- Brian Walker is a 39 year old, lifelong Boiling Springs resident.
- He graduated with honors from Boiling Springs High School in 1992 where he was active in the BSHS band and played Trumpet.
- After graduating from High School, Brian went on to graduate from Winthrop University with a degree in computer science.
- Brian has 16 years of experience in IT and is known by his colleagues as a problem solver.
- He and his wife Jessie have three beautiful children who are 11, 8, and 1.
- Brian and Jessie are already active in District Two schools. Brian began attending school board meetings in 2010. Jessie was the vice president of the Hendrix PTA during the 2012-2013 school year.
- As a single income family, Brian knows how to maintain a strict budget while always making his children the family’s top priority. Brian would much rather write a check to send his children to a baseball or cheerleading camp than write a check for a monthly car payment to replace his 1995 car.
- As an experienced IT professional, Brian can offer valuable insight into solving today’s technology challenges while also planning for the future.
- Brian is known as a professional problem solver. He is never afraid to think outside the box to find creative, cost-effective solutions.
- Transparency is something that Brian is not afraid to fight for. By making more information easily available to the public, everyone will be able to make better and more informed decisions.
- Brian believes in being proactive. By addressing problems head on, District 2 can resolve issues before they affect students.
- Brian is a firm believer in public education. As a graduate of the public education system, Brian is grateful for all it has afforded him and wants all of the children in the District 2 community, including his own, to get the most out of their education, which will benefit everyone in the Upstate and beyond.